As you may or may not know, I have been spitting out eBooks for the past month. I got 4 on Amazon and already have had 5 sales. And I have 1 on Barnes and Noble’s Nook site and had a sale within 3 days.
One of the books that I put on Amazon was actually an article that I wrote several months ago and I never did anything with it. So, I decided to convert it into a short eBook and have it on Amazon’s Free lending program and priced at $.99. No sales on it yet, but it was loaned out once.
Here are a few tips about converting your articles into an eBook:
1. Your article should be a minimum of 700 words or 2-3 pages long in MS Word or similar program.
2. Add headings to different parts of your article to make it more like a book.
3. Add some free bonuses to increase your word count.
4. Make sure you are using your OWN articles. Do NOT Copy anyone else’ s work, as that is considered stealing.
5. If you have articles published elsewhere on the same topic, consider combining them into an eBook, but make sure you edit them to make the book flow nicely. You might need to take out some of the content or move it around so it makes sense.
6. If you are using PLR content, you MUST rewrite it. Amazon does not allow PLR in any shape or form, so you need to completely re-write with a new title and new content. Just use the PLR as an idea for your eBook.
7. Make a nice cover for your book – the article I converted into an eBook is shown below. I simply made a quick cover at http://www.myecovermaker.com/
The bonuses for this eBook were just some healthy recipes to help add to my word count.
Do you have any other tips or ideas on converting articles to an eBook? Please leave your replies below – I love to hear from you!