I have written about this in the past and I know that there are probably millions of new bloggers that are looking to get their blogs noticed, so I will post again and will probably make this a tab at the top of my page for future users.
I’ve been in a discussion over at Jeremy Ruggles’ blog and of course I am not going to mention names but it has been an interesting topic with someone who is trying to understand the whole blog commenting thing.
Without proper training on how to comment without spamming or looking like a spammer is going to be tough for anyone just starting out. Most think that you just go out and type a reply and leave your link behind.
Well, that is not the way it works on this blog and many other blogs. Awhile ago I made a commitment to not allow certain types of people to comment. Here is what the list looks like. If you fall into this category, you need to learn the basics of blog commenting.
Comments We Do Not Allow
1. You are not using your real name
2. You are not using your real blog address
3. You do not have a gravatar with your own picture (logos don’t cut it)
4. Your name is xyz@mysite
5. You leave a comment that does not make sense
6. You use a dead site with an entirely different link in your Com Luv
7. Your link is irrelevant to my site – for example – you blog about pets – you should concentrate on pet blogs (this one I sometimes let go – depending on many factors)
8. You leave comments under different names with the same IP Address – obvious spam!
9. Similar to above, you use the same email and/or website, but with different IP addresses – again obviously spam.
10. You leave a one line comment such as great post or something similar.
If you use any of the above, chances are your post will never show up on my blog…I sometimes let things slide, but for the most part, they all get flagged and deleted. Sometimes I hold comments in my spam folder to compare IP addresses – but these are only for suspicious people with 1 or more of the above.
“I am Real – How Come My Post is Not Going Through?”
If this happens to you, just use the contact button at the top of this page and I will check in my spam folder for you. But, you must provide a valid reason as to why I should approve you, if you have not been here in the past (even some people that have been here before go to my spam box). I don’t check my spam box frequently, it is not a priority for me. Most spam is legit
Do You Allow All Comments Or Do You Follow Similar Rules? I Want to Know!
Leave your comments below and if I missed a “comment we do not allow rule”, please post for our fellow readers.
Thanks and I hope this helps those of you that are new to the blogging community.