Installing WordPress Using a Cpanel – Barry’s Video Challenge #1

February 29, 2012 | By Linda Bond

Over the course of the next few weeks, you will be seeing me upload video posts, as I am taking part in Barry Well’s video challenge that runs from now through March 29, 2012. If you would like more information on this challenge, just head on over to his blog to check it out.

Today this video is about using a Cpanel (Control Panel) to install WordPress. I know most of you already know this, but I have had some people ask me in the past what a Cpanel is and how to install their blogs.

As a thank you for watching my video, I am offering an Exclusive coupon code to Host Gator if you are looking for a new hosting provider. That coupon code I mentioned in the video is VIDEO25OFF and can be redeemed for all new customers by going to www.hostgator.com and entering the coupon code at checkout.

Thanks for watching and I love hearing from you, so please leave a comment below.

Linda
P.S. My next video will be about how to install a theme for your wordpress blog.

{ 28 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Adrienne
Twitter: adriennesmith40

Good video Linda and one I know that a lot of people want to know.

I often tell people it’s so easy to install a WordPress blog so I have this same similar video on my training site. Just walk them through and they’re done in no time at all.

Great video tutorial and easy to understand Linda. Great job and will look forward to more of your videos in the weeks to come.

~Adrienne
Adrienne recently posted..How To Become An Engagement SuperstarMy Profile

2 Linda

I used to tell them it was easy to install too, but they really couldn’t understand – so I thought a visual would be better :)

Thanks – I had fun making this one, I actually enjoy making videos. I just need to get the editing part down a bit better so it doesn’t take me so long..lol.

I appreciate your comment, Adrienne.

3 Barry Wells
Twitter: barry_wells

Hi Linda,

Thanks for mentioning the challenge, very much appreciated :)

Another good video Linda and one that people can really make use of, not to mention the 25% off of their hosting. Great offer :)

I recently moved to Hostgator and used a 25% discount code that someone offered. My renewal hosting on my old service was £83 but I moved to Hosgator, used a coupon and got it for something like £57 and a much better service as well.

Proper chuffed we call it around here :D

Thanks for taking the challenge Linda, I’ll add your details to my challenge page in the morning.

Take care, Barry
Barry Wells recently posted..Video Blog Challenge: How To Create A PowerPoint Presentation Part OneMy Profile

4 Linda

Hi Barry,

Well of course I would mention the challenge…I just hope some more people will get involved.

Yeah, I wanted to put something of more use into the video…something they could actually go out and use right away in hopes my video will be able to get them started faster ;)

Savings is what it is all about! We are all looking for ways to save during these hard economical times..so glad you were able to get yourself a coupon as well!

OK – thanks for putting my video up on your blog – going to head there now and see what everyone else has come up with.

I appreciate your comment!
Talk to you soon!

5 Sergio Felix
Twitter: ITSergioFelix

Hey Linda,

Congratulations on your video and joining Barry’s competition!

Like Adrienne said, I know many people are going to appreciate making this video so I look forward for the next ones you’re going to create.

All the best and good luck on the challenge! ;-)

Sergio
Sergio Felix recently posted..How To Choose Your Best WordPress ThemeMy Profile

6 Linda

Glad you liked the video, Sergio!

My next one is done – just going to wait a few more days before I add it :)

Thanks for commenting.

7 Nigel Yip
Twitter: myfirstmarketin

Hey Linda

Excellent video tutorial demonstrating CPanel and installing wordpress, I’m sure a lot of people will find it extremly useful, especially those who are just starting out online for the first time.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to your next video

Good luck with the challenge

Nigel
Nigel Yip recently posted..List Build It 1 – What is List Building and Why Build a List?My Profile

8 Linda

Thanks, Nigel!

I am having fun making these videos, really happy to be a part of it. :)

I appreciate your comment.

9 Dee

Hi Linda
Good luck with the video challenge.
I have never done videos and am busy with product creation at the moment. Will probably get round to it one day.
Dee
Dee recently posted..What is PLR Part 3? How to recognise poor quality PLRMy Profile

10 Linda

Hi Dee!

How have you been? I’ve been wondering what you’ve been up to!

Making videos is actually fun once you start making quite a few of them. The fear factor eventually fades :)

Good luck with your product creation!

11 Dee

Hi Linda
Had problems with my laptop it had a nasty virus so was without it for nearly a week. I lost a lot of data and had a lot of catching up to do.
Might get into videos next year. Have several products I want to do this year and also want to do a giveaway.
Dee

12 Linda

Oh no – so sorry about the virus on your laptop :( I’ve been having some problems with my PC, but I have a good free anti-virus software that actually runs a boot scan at start up and won’t start if there is a trojan or something similar detected. So, you have to either delete the file or fix it before it will start up. If you are interested, it’s called Avast. It also will stop me in my tracks when I am trying to access a site that is a phishing or malware site.

Anyway, I know how it goes to lose everything and have to start from the beginning, it’s happened to me way too many times in previous years.

13 Steve King
Twitter: steveking269

Hi Linda

Nicely done, easy when you know how.

It’s good of you to give the 25% discount to people who have yet to buy a hosting account…In the early days, it’s good to save as much money as possible.

I look forward to seeing your other videos in Barry’s Challenge

See you soon :)
cheers
Steve
Steve King recently posted..Reality check…or is it coming soon?My Profile

14 Linda

Yes, saving money is very important right now especially for new businesses just starting out.

Glad you liked my video, Steve.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Have a great remainder of your week!

15 Robert Corrigan

Hi Linda, I like these really short videos that show how to accomplish the techie tasks, the fact that they are short give you more confidence in having a go at them.
Rob
Robert Corrigan recently posted..Listing On Kindle For ProfitMy Profile

16 Linda

Hi Rob,

Thanks – I agree that short videos will hold the attention of the person easier and like you said will help them take action a bit sooner.

I appreciate you stopping by to take a look at my video.

17 Julie
Twitter: jmd164

Hi Linda,

Not only a great instruction video there Linda, but also offering a 25% discount coupon – very nice :-)

It is easy installing WP using cpanel and even easier when someone shows you. I only got mine installed right the first time because I ‘watched’ the instructions.

Very good Linda, this will help those who haven’t yet done it.
Take Care
Julie
Julie recently posted..Tips Promoting Products as an Affiliate #1My Profile

18 Linda

Hi Julie,

Glad you liked my video about installing wordpress using a cpanel. I think it is easier for people to understand by watching, rather than telling them as a lot of people have no idea what a cpanel is :)

19 Ian Ieba
Twitter: IanIebablog

Hi Linda

Excellent video demonstrating installing WordPress with cPanel, I know this will benefit a lot of people.

That is also a great offer of 25% discount with HostGator I hope people take advantage of it. I have had a HostGator account now over 3 years and I have to say I agree with all you said about them their service is brilliant.

Looking forward to the next video Linda and eager to see what else you have for us ;)

Well done again …

Take care, catch up soon

Ian
Ian Ieba recently posted..Creating And Using Videos For Your Business – Part 1My Profile

20 Linda

Hi Ian,

Glad you like my video :)

I also hope people take advantage of the 25% off deal with Hostgator. Truly a wonderful deal!

I uploaded my 2nd video earlier in the week, hope you get a chance to check it out.

Have a nice weekend!

21 Rick Byrd
Twitter: rick_byrd

Linda:

Great job on the video. This video will help a lot of people. For some reason people think it is difficult to install wordpress but it is super simple with cpanel just like you demonstrate in your video.

The coupon offer is also a great way to get people using HostGator. I love HostGator as their customer service has been great for me when I have had issues come up.

Take care!

- Rick
Rick Byrd recently posted..Picking the Right Niche MarketMy Profile

22 Linda

Hi Rick,

You are right, many people do think that installing WordPress is difficult and sometimes just telling them without them seeing a visual just makes it harder, so that is why I decided to make this short video :)

HostGator is top notch in my book :)

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and check out my video.

Have a great week!

23 Jeremy Ruggles
Twitter: jeremyruggles

Hi Linda,

This is a very useful video. I wish I had it when I first started out with word press. It would have saved me a lot of time and effort. I found your video on Barry’s video blog challenge.

Thanks for sharing!

~Jeremy
Jeremy Ruggles recently posted..How To Overcome Internet Marketing Failure – You Can Make Money OnlineMy Profile

24 Linda

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my video :)

I am learning more and more that a lot of people are struggling with getting their WordPress blogs installed, so am I happy to know that I have been able to teach folks this simple method to ease their efforts.

Talk to you soon!

25 AstroGremlin

Linda, I watched the video all the way through and continue to be amazed at how easy it is to set up a WordPress site. I wasn’t able to make the screen go to full size, but gosh it’s so simple, I still got it.
AstroGremlin recently posted..Get a Free Blog Engage MembershipMy Profile

26 Linda

Hi there,

Welcome to my blog!

You are right, it is very easy to install a wordpress blog. I remember a few years ago someone was telling me about wordpress and I didn’t even know what it was, let alone how to install it. I did the whole download thing and then I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it..lol. But, when given the right instructions it is a breeze.

Thanks for your comment.

27 Andrew

thank you for sharing this helpful information, great post i will be back to read more great posts thank you.
Andrew recently posted..What is Data Cleaning?My Profile

28 Linda

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.