I can’t believe 2012 is almost over (It’s not over here just yet, but will be 10 hours from now)! It really flew by for me!!
Last year I made some goals and guess what, I didn’t get any of them accomplished – not a single one!! How bad is that?
My year was a little screwed up and therefore I fell in some holes that I struggled to get out of. The beginning of the year went well – I was able to stay focused and put 4 eBooks up on Amazon. I didn’t make much money with them though, maybe $50, if that.
Then came the emergency work that was needed on the house. I didn’t get any warning time and had to immediately stop everything for a few months. Well, I didn’t stop completely, but I didn’t get anything accomplished either.
During that time though I purchased a new script for a different site and that has been where my focus has been ever since. I had a tough time with it and still am having difficulties with it, but I learned to ask for help instead of trying to figure it out all on my own. I am stubborn in that way – trying to figure everything out without seeking assistance, but that has changed.
Now, that site is coming together – I need to get it ranked in the search engines and have so many changes to make, but I am working on them daily and have already seen my Alexa rank improve right before my eyes, literally. That alone, is encouraging and helps me to keep on going with it. I still need to get a press release written (will probably have to hire someone at fiverr because I have no clue how to write one myself) and then eventually have the site completely automated. Only a very small portion of it is automated at this time, but it helps by getting fresh content out daily and allowing me to fix what needs to be fixed
Then Hurricane Sandy decided to come along and rip most everyone’s lives apart. Fortunately for us, we didn’t have to deal with the devastation that most others did. We did get our roof fixed (well, just the 1, this spring the guys that worked on the house will be back to do our garage), but still have a boarded up window to deal with and a large tree stump to contend with – but very minor compared to most. That was 4 days without Internet, so nothing was done then either and I tried hard to catch back up and pushed Black Friday and Cyber Monday and got ZERO sales – I worked 80 hours a week and got absolutely nothing! Well, that really pushed me in a hole because I have not had income for MONTHS!! Once again I am starting the New Year off poor! It’s going to change this year – it has to because I have nothing right now!
So, my goals for 2013 are as follows:
1. Get my FreebiesnDeals site ranked on the first page of Google
2. Blog more on my freebies site – I started a new blog with intentions of highlighting certain products and/or websites, but I haven’t been in the mood to write.
3. Get the required sales at Clickbank so I can get my First check – been trying hard there too, but no luck – I need to place some ads and hopefully I can get that very soon. It’s going to be a nice one
4. Cut back on drinking beer – actually I have already started that one – but some weeks are not too good (costs too much too and really can’t afford it anymore).
5. Lose weight – I did start on this one too a month or so ago and lost 3 pounds in a week, but that flopped – will try again though very soon.
6. Finish my first product – the healthy living one I started last year. I realized that I had too much going on at once and I needed to concentrate on 1 thing – and that 1 thing has been my freebiesndeals website. Once that gets done, then I can move on to the next project
I think that is it – they are all very achievable, but my #1 priority is my website. I’m already working on it, so it should be bringing in sales very soon
I am not sure I will be around this blog all that much – but I am still around. Feel free to stop by my other blog and say hi or send me an email – I miss you all, but I need to stick to my guns and keep on going with what I have started
So, in closing – did you accomplish any of your goals in 2012 and what is your most important priority for 2013? Leave your comments below and as always, please share this post with you favorite social media sites ~Thanks~
P.S. Happy NEW YEAR!! May you have a Safe, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! I wish you nothing but the BEST!!